A few weeks ago, many of you kindly took part in a Closet
Snooping Exploration Survey right here at Not Dead Yet. It was a lot of fun to peek into your wardrobes! I promised to share the results and so I shall.
Here are the survey questions and your responses:
1. What colors rule your wardrobe? Most of you prefer neutrals, and that’s how I answered too. Surprisingly, one-fifth of you stick to a black-and white palette – that’s very chic!
- 47% Neutrals
- 33% Bolds
- 20% Black and white,and that’s that
2. Do you share closet space with your mate (if you have one)? We live in a small condo, so we (have to) share. But almost 60% of you said no to sharing.
- 59% Heck no!
- 41% Of course!
3. The tornado is coming! You can only keep one item of clothing/accessory. What is it? It was pretty close between jeans and handbag, so I think you’re a practical group. Only 8% chose a dressy dress – good thinking, unless there’s a post-tornado party.
- 33% Favorite jeans
- 27% Beloved handbag
- 23% Leather boots, all the way
- 9% Sneakers – a must
- 8% Dressy dress
|We love our jeans and our handbags. Source.|
4. What famous woman’s closet do you want to raid? You love your own closets, hooray! My own favorite, Ines de la Fressange was the next choice. There were write-in votes for Lady Gaga, Olivia Palermo and Kate Middleton.
- 26% None – I’ll raid my own closet.
- 25% Ines de la Fressange
- 20% Helen Mirren
- 19% Michelle Obama
- 10% Jane Birken
|The Princess was a write-in.|
5. Here’s a check for $5,000. You can only spend it on fashion. What will you choose? Many of you were explicit that you just couldn’t blow this kind of money on a single fashion item. You’re a down-to-earth group, and wanted to spread the loot around.
- 68% None of the above
- 13% An Hermes bag, or equivalent
- 10% An elegant watch
- 7% A full-length fine leather coat
- 2% Fabulous evening wear
6. For the brave!: Count up how many pieces of clothing you own. Include what’s hanging in your closet and folded in your dresser drawers. Undies, socks, hose and accessories don’t count. Where do you stand? The diversity here was really interesting to me: I came in at 100-200 pieces, and a full quarter of you admit to owning over 300 pieces. There’s a fair chunk of minimalists among you and I’d love to chat with you about your strategies.
- 24% 100 – 200 pieces
- 24% Over 300
- 20% Under 100 (you minimalist!)
- 18% 200 – 300 pieces
- 14% I will never say
|Come on, 14%, you can tell me.|
Thank you again for playing along. Hope your weekend is fabulous and full of joy. xo
Visible Monday is on its “off” week this week, so we can recharge and refresh, and watch rom-coms with our beloveds. ☺ We’ll be back on Monday, January 13th (actually, the Sunday evening